Description[edit | edit source]
The Air Lock's main feature is a large mechanical gate in the centre of the room. This mechanism is blocking access to the other side of the room. The locking system for this device is deactivated by shooting a shifting node which appears on five different parts of the gate. This node must shot in succession to retract all five parts of the lock. However, this node can only be seen and targeted with the X-Ray Visor.
Once the gate has been completely unlocked, a Ball Clamp will glow at the base of the gate structure. This will allow a user to insert a metallic sphere into the clamp. Upon insertion of the sphere, the whole structure will rotate, allowing users access to the other side of the room.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- Missile Expansion
- Clearly visible in a central section of the gate. Obstructed on the north side. No enemy guards the expansion.
Scans[edit | edit source]
- Mechanical gate (wrong side)
- "Mechanical gate is locked shut but appears to be able to rotate. Unable to use from this side."
- Mechanical gate (locked)
- "Mechanical gate locked in place. Use of an advanced visor system is required to disengage locks."
- Mechanical gate (unlocked)
- "Mechanical gate unlocked. Enter the hologram to initiate gate-rotation sequence."
- "Mechanism is receiving power. Enter hologram to activate."