A Seerook is a flying insect native to SR388.
A Seerook has three small spikes on wing-like limbs on either sides of its body, along with a rounded sucker-like mouth surrounded by sharp fangs, much like the mouth structure of some of the later developmental stages of the Metroid. Their preferred habitats are tunnels flooded with purple liquid. They usually fly mindlessly back and forth horizontally, hovering directly above the ground. A Seerook will only harm Samus if she comes into physical contact with one, and even then causing only minor damage.
Metroid II manualEdit
- Enemies (p. 23)
- "Moves back and forth on the ground."
Virtual Console manualEdit
- Enemies (1) (p. 14)
- "This sharp-fanged insect moves horizontally."
- It is unknown if they became X Parasite hosts, as Samus did not encounter any Seerooks in Metroid Fusion.
- Seerooks only appear in Metroid II: Return of Samus. They do not appear in the remake, Metroid: Samus Returns.
- The manual for Return of Samus erroneously describes the Seerok as moving on the ground, rather than as an aerial creature. This is corrected in the Virtual Console version of the manual.
- Seerooks behave identically to Meboids, Mumbos, Pincher Flies, TPOs, and Yumbos.