Septoggs hover in one place and do no damage to Samus Aran, so she can use them as platforms. However, their tiny wings cannot support her weight, so standing on them causes them to descend quickly, even through ground, causing Samus to be sometimes trapped in-game.
They are only found in Phase 3 and Phase 9. These weak lifeforms are the only species able to inhabit the Metroid-infested latter area; three Septoggs inhabit a massive cavern to help Samus enter three different paths into the ruins.
Metroid II: Return of Samus Manual
- Enemies (p. 24)
- "This unusual shaped creature floats in the air. Samus can ride on it without damage."
Virtual Console manual
- Enemies (1) (p. 14)
- "This unusually shaped creature floats in the air. You can stand on it without taking damage."
- Septoggs behave similarly to the Zebesian suspensor platform.
- It is unknown if they became X Parasite hosts, as Samus did not encounter any Septoggs in Metroid Fusion.
- Septoggs are absent from Metroid: Samus Returns, the official remake of Metroid II.
|SR388||Baby • Flitt • Proboscum • Septogg|
|Zebes||Dachora • Etecoon • Powamp • Shaktool • Suspensor platform • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Tripper|
|BOTTLE SHIP||Pow • Wadge • Zuru|
|Non-hostile||Aurora Unit 217 • Baby • Dachora • Databot • Etecoon • Fleet Admiral Castor Dane • Fleet Mechanic • Pow • Septogg • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • U-Mos |
Training Drone • Watchdrone • Work Robot
|Hostiles||Aazelion • Airthorn • Autom • Big Metroid • Cannon • GMX-04 Halberd-class turret (if provoked) • Polyp • Proboscum |
Puromi • Ring Beam Unit • Ripper II • Samus Eater (Bud) • Seed platform • Unfreezable Metroid • ZipNMEBomber
|Misc.||Bloatsac • Blueroot Tree (Dark) • Butterfly • Chomper Fish • Durable plantform • Fish • Fungus • Glow Stem • Great Tree |
Massive tentacle • Moth • Parasitic fungus • Protozoan • RedGrass • Sandgrass • Sbug • Scarp • Scatterbug • Tallon fern • Mantha