Sidehopper Station is a Space Pirate station in orbit around Tallon IV. It is shaped very similarly to a large Sidehopper, as seen in the selection menu. In the "legs" of the Sidehopper are Kinetic Orb Cannons that launch Samus Aran from one side to another.
There is also a roof area accessible from the upper lever lever of two tunnels that connect the main room to two sub-rooms which in turn, connect to the two "legs" of the station. Able to be seen from the "legs" of the station, there is a Spider Ball Track above the gap between the "legs". In the main room, on the upper level, there are two exits that lead to the track. However very rarely upon loading the match, these Morph Ball tunnels will be blocked by gates and the tunnels themselves become unaccessable for the remainder of the match.
This stage has two Randomizers situated next to the Orb Cannons.
- This space station appears to be based on the Frigate Orpheon and orbits Tallon IV. A Sidehopper-like creature could be heard behind a locked door (and seen in a scan) on the Orpheon. The stage's name is more than likely a reference to the latter.
- If the Morph Ball tunnels become blocked by gates, no missiles will load on the Spider Ball Track (as viewed from outside). It can still be possible to ride the tracks from the outside as well as roll inside the closed tunnels, however.
- A Secret World can be found in this map.
- This is one of two levels that allow two Morph Balls fired out of Kinetic Orb Cannons to collide, killing both players and giving both of them a kill point, the other being Spires.
- At E3 2004, a demo of Metroid Prime Hunters was available to the press. The level included in the demo appears to have been based on the Sidehopper Station.
|Metroid Multiplayer Levels|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Crossfire Chaos • Sidehopper Station • Shooting Gallery • Spider Complex • Pipeline • Spires • Arena 5|
|Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt||Ancient Vestige • Assault Cradle • Trooper Module|
|Metroid Prime Hunters|| Combat Hall • Data Shrine • Processor Core • High Ground • Ice Hive • Alinos Perch • Sic Transit • Transfer Lock • Sanctorus • Compression Chamber • Incubation Vault • Subterranean • Outer Reach • Harvester |
Weapons Complex • Council Chamber • Elder Passage • Fuel Stack
Fault Line • Stasis Bunker • Head Shot • Celestial Gateway • Alinos Gateway
VDO Gateway • Arcterra Gateway • Oubliette
|Metroid Prime Pinball||Magmoor Caverns|
|Super Smash Bros.||Planet Zebes • Planet Zebes: Brinstar • Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths |
Norfair • Frigate Orpheon • Pyrosphere
|Dead or Alive: Dimensions||Geothermal Power Plant|
|Space Stations in the Metroid series|
|† denotes a destroyed station.|
|Metroid | Sidehopper Station|
|Celestial Archives | Vesper Defense Outpost | Oubliette† | Head Shot | Outer Reach|
|Cosmos region A47|
|SR388's solar system|
|Biologic Space Laboratories research station†|
|Ceres Space Colony† | Junk Quixote | Medical Space Station | The Locker|