The Temple Grounds is a large area on the Temple Mountain on Aether. It is called such due to the fact that the Great Temple is in the center. Many vermin like Splinters are commonly found here. It has three direct branches in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: a passage to Torvus, Agon, and Sanctuary Fortress. The Dark World version of this region is the Sky Temple Grounds.
The color code of the Temple Grounds is Violet. In the Sky Temple Key clues, the Luminoth refer to it as a "holy land".
Areas and main rooms
This sector can be divided into three main areas:
Splinter Hive (subterranean area)
This area is mostly underground and is the first area to be explored in the game by Samus. It has traces of a previous attempt to colonize the area by the GFMC Task Force Herakles. The hive is full of dead troopers reanimated by the Ing, along with lifeless marine corpses and Splinters.
GFMC area (east area)
This area was colonized by the GFMC and is partially industrialised. It also has many Luminoth Ruins, and includes the transport to the Agon Wastes and the Sanctuary Fortress. Some dead Galactic Federation troopers can be found here, killed by Splinters or other local predators.
Ruins area (west area)
- The eerie theme that plays in the Splinter Hive area was later remixed as Shadows in Metroid Prime Hunters.
- Leading up to the Industrial Site, the Moth Temple Intro theme will play.
- Upon entering the Industrial Site, Moth Temple Reveal Intro plays.
- List of rooms in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc/Temple Grounds
- List of rooms in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes/Temple Grounds
|Areas of Aether|
|Temple Grounds | Agon Wastes | Torvus Bog | Sanctuary Fortress | Great Temple|
|Areas of Dark Aether|
|Sky Temple Grounds | Dark Agon Wastes | Dark Torvus Bog | Ing Hive | Sky Temple|