The Tower of Light also provides access to a chamber which holds one of 12 Chozo Artifacts, the Artifact of Lifegiver. The room itself is a very tall tower with many suspended platforms all the way up and a pool of water at the bottom. In the water is a large Chozo Statue facing a round metal hole that leads to the Tower Chamber door. To reach it, however, the Gravity Suit is required to jump up a step.
The Wavebuster is found at the very top of the tower, but it is only possible to climb so far. The Wavebuster can be acquired by destroying twelve columns, weakened over time due to age and physical stress. To go higher, Samus must fire a number of Missiles or just one Super Missile at each of four weak pillars around the room. The number of regular missiles per weakened section depends on currently unknown factors, but in the Metroid Prime Trilogy version of the game, it takes three missiles, and in the original version, it takes six. It is possible that the deciding factor is actually difficulty and not version. Destroying these pillars will lower the height of the entire room, allowing Samus to reach the top of the tower. This process must be repeated twice more to reach the Wavebuster, now with the need to avoid Oculi on the weak sections when shooting: these creatures reflect Missiles and Super Missiles. Plated Puffers appear too, but they explode when Samus moves two ledges higher.
- Located at top of the room.
- Brinstone pillar (1)
- "Large stress fractures can be seen on the surface of this Brinstone pillar."
- Brinstone pillar (2)
- "Pillar is seriously damaged and in danger of collapsing."
- Brinstone pillar (3)
- "This pillar no longer provides structural support."
- There is an unused layer in this room labelled "2nd Pass", which features two Puddle Spores, creatures that inhabit lava and are found nowhere else on Tallon IV but the Magmoor Caverns during Prime. Of note is that there is no evidence of lava being present in the room at one point, meaning that the Puddle Spores were to be suspended in the water.