The Transfer Lock is a large room containing many enemies to destroy. It is split into an indoor area and an outer section called the Space Dock, which features a control area that is inaccessible and blocked by windows that shine yellow. The indoor area features two Portals. One takes Samus to the Synergy Core, while the other takes her to the Docking Bay after a puzzle is completed. Jump Pads allow Samus to ascend to these Portals. A Universal Ammunition Expansion can be found at the bottom.
The Space Dock is where the enemy battles occur. Samus fights Guardians, Voldrums and EnemySpawners releasing Psycho Bits (v1.0 and v2.0). There is also a chance that a Bounty Hunter can be encountered there later on. The Photon Stabilizer can be scanned here.
Samus must destroy the Psycho Bits to lower three Force Fields that guard projectile-sensitive Switches near the back of the Space Dock. Samus must shoot them to release three more switches near the front of the Dock. Once these are shot, a large Force Field near the back of the room, preventing access to the interior of a control area, deactivates. Samus can scan the Portal Controller inside to activate a Portal at the top of the room that leads to the Docking Bay. During her escape, there is a chance that Guardians or a Bounty Hunter will again be found here, but she can ignore them.
- Universal Ammunition Expansion
- At the bottom of the first segment of the room.
- ""TELEPORTATION DEVICE ONLINE. STEP INTO THE PORTAL TO WARP TO ANOTHER LOCATION."
- Docking Bay L3
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC PASSENGER CARRIERS."
- Docking Bay L2
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC MEDIUM-RANGE TRANSPORTS."
- Docking Bay L1
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC HEAVY-CARGO STARFREIGHTERS."
- Portal Controller
- "A NEARBY PORTAL HAS BEEN OPENED."
- "THIS PROJECTILE-SENSITIVE SWITCH CONTROLS THE FORCE FIELD IN THIS AREA."
- Photon Stabilizer
- "BRIDGE SECURED BY BEAM OF TRIPOLARIZED PHOTONS."
The Transfer Lock is also included as a playable stage in the game's multiplayer mode. As in the single-player mode, the Transfer Lock consists of a central pyramid and a number of weapons. There are two Portals at its base that lead to corridors with Jump Pads, which allow access to the pyramid-esque structure. The pyramid connects via bridge to several hexagonal structures with no gravity. In all modes besides Battle, Survival, and Nodes, the arena is enlarged, with the hexagonal structures now serving as entrances and exits to an exposed area. The exposed area has three platforms, which serve as spawning points. From the exposed area there is a view of some of the outer structure of the Transfer Lock.
- Strangely, Samus can also interact with projectile-sensitive locks at the back of the room by touching them instead of shooting them, although touching the locks in the front has no effect.
- ^ "The outer section (Space Dock) of this map is not available in Battle mode." (Metroid Prime Hunters Official Nintendo Player's Guide, page 90)
|Metroid Multiplayer Levels|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Crossfire Chaos • Sidehopper Station • Shooting Gallery • Spider Complex • Pipeline • Spires • Arena 5|
|Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt||Ancient Vestige • Assault Cradle • Trooper Module|
|Metroid Prime Hunters|| Combat Hall • Data Shrine • Processor Core • High Ground • Ice Hive • Alinos Perch • Sic Transit • Transfer Lock • Sanctorus • Compression Chamber • Incubation Vault • Subterranean • Outer Reach • Harvester |
Weapons Complex • Council Chamber • Elder Passage • Fuel Stack
Fault Line • Stasis Bunker • Head Shot • Celestial Gateway • Alinos Gateway
VDO Gateway • Arcterra Gateway • Oubliette
|Metroid Prime Pinball||Magmoor Caverns|
|Super Smash Bros.||Planet Zebes • Planet Zebes: Brinstar • Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths |
Norfair • Frigate Orpheon • Pyrosphere
|Dead or Alive: Dimensions||Geothermal Power Plant|