- This article concerns the elevator room in Brinstar. For the room in Crateria during Zero Mission, see Transport to Norfair.
"Transport to Norfair" is a room in Brinstar. It appears, with some differences, in Metroid and Metroid: Zero Mission. A different room that serves the same purpose is located in Brinstar during Super Metroid, with the previous room no longer being accessible.
- 1 Description
- 2 Connecting rooms
- 3 Official data
- 4 Gallery
Description[edit | edit source]
Metroid[edit | edit source]
In the original game, this room has a simple appearance of metal tiles, in contrast to the gold rocky terrain in the previous room. The elevator platform is found in the very center. As with other elevator rooms in the game, the Silence theme plays in this room. The elevator room can be visited at any time, and the lift itself leads to Norfair's first room.
Zero Mission[edit | edit source]
In Zero Mission, the room's appearance is updated and it is now comprised of the same rocky terrain as the rest of Brinstar. What appears to be a ruined, tiled wall is visible in the background, with a purple color scheme and several cracks along its length. Whereas in the original Metroid the elevator could be accessed at any time, it cannot be used in Zero Mission until Samus obtains the Bombs. These destroy a blockade in Corridor No. 5 guarding access to the elevator room.
Super Metroid[edit | edit source]
A different room located elsewhere in Brinstar serves much the same purpose as that of Metroid and Zero Mission during Samus's second mission to Zebes. The original room is no longer accessible, nor are any rooms in the original Brinstar after the "overhang corridor".
The new room more closely resembles its counterpart from Metroid, but its size has been expanded. As Samus descends the elevator shaft, the walls are shown to be formed from blue rock tile, identical to that of old Brinstar. In the background of the room are large metal panels with a burgundy color. The rightmost wall is composed of Super Missile Blocks; destroying the wall reveals a secret second half of the room, constructed out of blue bricks.
On the top right is a massive statue depicting a one-eyed, monstrous creature in the wall; this looks nearly identical to a statue found in the Kraid elevator room in Metroid. Samus can walk through the creature's maw to find a door leading to Kraid.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
Metroid and Zero Mission[edit | edit source]
Super Metroid[edit | edit source]
- "Brinstar-Maridia passage East" (via Blue Door)
- "Norfair entrance shaft" (via Elevator)
- "Scaffolding" (via Blue Door)
Official data[edit | edit source]
Nintendo Power Volume 60[edit | edit source]
- Missile Stage Right (pg. 15)
- "Use a Super Missile on the right wall of the elevator room to gain passage to Kraid's domain."
- NORFAIR EXPRESS (pg. 132)
- "You can reach the land of bubbling lava at any time over the course of your journey. As you explore Norfair, you'll discover the High Jump Boots, the Wave Beam and the amazing Screw Attack. You'll find the elevator to Norfair in the lower-right section of Brinstar. Jump onto the elevator, press Down and descend."
- 031 JOURNEY TO THE DEPTHS OF NORFAIR (pg. 35)
- "On your way through the long lower corridor, you'll reach what appears to be a dead end - a rock ledge over lava. Hop onto the ledge, roll close to the wall and detonate a bomb. The explosion will clear a path. Roll to the right over a gap in the ledge, then run to the elevator. As you descend, a quick cut scene will give you a glimpse of the Mother Brain."