The corridor is a large room with three laser tripwires, one of which completely blocks a door on the upper left. If Samus touches any of the lasers, the Space Pirates will be alerted to her presence, forcing her to flee. Before the entrance is a large wall with a step, which Samus can use to climb over it. The second of two lasers is present at the top here, which Samus can jump over. Continuing on, she will come to a narrow gap between an overhang from the ceiling and a small bridge. At the end of the bridge is a cracked portion of wall that Samus can shoot.
Doing so sets off a chain reaction that destroys the bridge, but also drops Samus into the final laser tripwire, thereby setting off the Mother Ship's alarm. When this happens, Samus must quickly jump to the upper right door and continue to run for at least two more rooms until she can hide again. On a Perfect Stealth run, Samus can avoid setting off the tripwire by shooting the cracked wall. The jump button must be pressed to send Samus into a Spin Jump, and she must quickly Wall Jump up the right wall to the door. Once Samus obtains the Fully Powered Suit, the tripwires (and alarm system as a whole) become negligible. It leads into two rooms, including a shortcut back into the Mother Ship from the landing site.
- Spaceship Hideaway (via Blue Door)
- "Alcove shaft" (via Blue Door)
- "Small compartment" (via Blue Door)
- "Alternate entrance" (via Blue Door)
- 1 Red Zebesian (if alarm is tripped)
- 216 NO ESCAPE FROM THE LASERS (pg. 79)
- "If you cross a green beam, the alarm will sound again and the pirates will chase you. Climb over the first beam and crawl into a tunnel, you'll have no choice but to blast a block, setting off a chain reaction that will make you fall through a beam below. After the alarm sounds, jump up and make your escape to the right."