Trooper Security Station is a room in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes in the Temple Grounds. An Mk VII Defense Gate exists, with a different scan than normal. It is not operational and must be lifted by scanning an Interface Module. It is too hidden behind a gate, but a nearby biostructure has been compromised and can be access via the Morph Ball. This chamber contains the body of SPC M. Angseth. When Samus activates the Interface Module, the gate will rise, but then shut again and again, forcing Samus to roll under it in Morph Ball form.
After this, Samus will not be able to open it again until she has the Power Bomb.
- 3 Splinters (only once)
- "Morphology: Splinter
Predatory insectoid hunter.
Splinters are aggressive and dangerous in numbers. Their light armor is no match for your weapons, however."
- 1 GM-42 ‘Growler’ Class Turret (only once)
- "Mechanism: "Growler" Class Turret
Automated defense system.
Lightly armored gun used for point defense. Fast targets can evade its tracking system."
- Durable plantform
- "Bioscan complete.
Durable plantform adapted to low-light environment.
The presence of a plant container suggests that it was placed here for decoration, possibly by local sentients."
- "Object scan complete.
Biostructure has been compromised by burrowing predators. Tunnel leads to control area."
- Mk VII Defense Gate
- "Mechanism: Mk VII Defense Gate
Durable Federation barrier.
An Interface Module is used to operate this gate. Scan the Interface Module nearby to activate the gate system."
- Gate and module (after Agon)
- "Security Gate disabled.
Control system offline.
Gate must be destroyed to advance. Recommend use of high-yield explosives."
- Interface Module (back)
- "Unable to scan target.
Local interference blocking Scan Visor.
Recommend scanning object from close range to counter the interference."
- Interface Module (front)
- "Power restored to gate unit.
Control circuit malfunction. Gate may operate in an erratic fashion."
- Interface Module (gate destroyed)
- "Security Gate destroyed.
Control system offline.
This control panel is now useless."
- SPC M. Angseth
- "This is ridiculous. I can outshoot half the men here, and I'm stuck on monitor duty. I didn't join up to stare at a holoscreen! This wouldn't happen to Samus Aran... She'd be out there taking care of business, not pushing buttons and sending reports."