A large metal section in the middle of the room features a Bomb Slot that is used to rotate the section to attach to any of three ledges. This is the method used to cross a chasm before the Grapple Beam is retrieved. A Luminoth body also exists in the chamber having died 1.86 decacyles ago due to exposure to heavy amounts of Nohadin gas, presumably from a Dark Preed.
The Aether version of this room is the Hydrodynamo Station. Unlike the light version, the dark version contains no water, and replaces the Central Flow Chamber with a Safe Zone. Two doors from its Light representation have been blocked off here, completely swallowed by dark tree roots.
- Crypt Tunnel (via white hatch)
- Sacrificial Chamber Tunnel (via Blue Door)
- Save Station 2 (via Blast Shield)
- Undertemple Access (via Yellow Hatch)
- Cache B (via Secret World, blocked off by tree roots)
- 2 Hunter Ing
- "Morphology: Hunter Ing
- Elite warriors of the Ing Horde
- Phasing shapeshifter. Deadly in close combat. Dislikes bright light."
- 2 Dark Preed
- "Morphology: Dark Preed
Darkling-possessed gas-filled cyborg.
Darkling enhances target's durability. Destruction of outer body will release a highly toxic cloud."
- Dead Luminoth
- "Bioscan complete.
- Luminoth subject expired 1.86 decacycles ago.
- Target Luminoth was exposed to heavy amounts of Nohadin Gas. This is the likely cause of death."
- Light Beacon
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Beacon
Generates protective field when energized.
Light Beacons must be energized by Beam weapon fire to function, and remain charged for a limited time."
- Light Crystal
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Crystal
Generates protective field of light energy.
Light Crystals provide protection from Dark Aether's atmosphere. They can be nullified by dark energy and supercharged by light energy."
- Bomb Slot
- "Device: Bomb Slot
Powered system control unit.
Insert the Morph Ball into the slot then detonate a Bomb.
This will transfer energy from the slot to the device connected to it."
- Morph Ball Door
- "Structural analysis complete.
- Exit point for Central Flow Chamber. Exit is one way only; unable to access from this area."
- Grapple Point (before obtaining Grapple Beam)
- "Object scan complete.
- Analysis indicates a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
- Grapple Beam module missing. Unable to attach to grapple at this time."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
* Note: text is centered-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.
- Using Secret worlds, it is possible to load Cache B from this room. The music will also change accordingly.
- Unlike its Light World Counterpart there is no elevator leading up towards the next room, causing Samus to be walking within the void of the Secret World of the next room.
- Judging by the placement of the Light Beacon near this Empty door, it is possible at one point in development the Dark Torvus Bog had the same elevator pathway as its Light World counterpart.