FANDOM


Komayto
"What's the matter? All I said was that Komaytos look like little Metr—"

Non-canon warning: This article or section contains information that may not be considered an official part of the Metroid series in the overall storyline by Nintendo.
Lyle Deceased
"Looks like a pile of rags..."

This article or section is in need of one or more images, or the image(s) used is/are not of a satisfactory quality.
You can help Wikitroid by adding a preexisting image or by uploading a new one.


An Upward Throw[1] (下投げ?)[2] is a throwing attack in the Super Smash Bros. series, used by every character. It is performed by pressing up on the control stick after using a Grab on an opponent. Most Upward Throws consist of two hits: the first damages the enemy while held in place, while the other throws them into the air.

Upward Throws originated in Super Smash Bros. Melee and have appeared in every installment since. They do not exist in the original Super Smash Bros., which only had Forward and Backward Throws.

Samus Aran's Upward Throw is the Beam Launch[3]. She lifts her opponents up with her Grapple Beam, zapping them before throwing them upwards. The attack deals 7% base damage in Melee. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Beam Launch has five hits dealing 1%, with the finishing move dealing 4%, 9% total. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Samus's Beam Launch has a new animation, where Samus blasts her opponent upward with her Arm Cannon instead of the Grapple Beam. It deals more damage and can KO at high percentages. This move is shared with Dark Samus.

Zero Suit Samus flips into the air and kicks the opponent. It is her most powerful throw in terms of knockback, and is her only throw that can reliably KO an opponent in Sudden Death mode. The attack deals 2% and then 8% for a total of 10%.

Ridley sets his opponent overhead and stabs them with his tail.

GalleryEdit

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Tips
  2. ^ 速報スマブラ拳!! : 新システム. 速報スマブラ拳!! (14 September 2001). Retrieved on 2 December 2018.
  3. ^ Super Smash Bros. Melee Player's Guide


Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.