Archives: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12
Re: Unofficial Translation Edit
The template was already used quite frequently on pages with content translated by MDb, Recon, Hat, etc., so the text in the template was already out-of-date even before I started adding it to images. As a quick and easy fix, I've changed "Wikitroid editors" to "Metroid fans", which should be a convenient blanket term that covers all bases. If you'd like to add more, such as specifying that the translation may have been done externally (i.e. not by Wikitroid editors), please do so. --PeabodySam (talk) 04:22, October 28, 2018 (UTC)
- Understood. That's why I'm always so obsessive about crediting the sources of images, translations, etc. --PeabodySam (talk) 04:31, October 28, 2018 (UTC)
To be fair, the panoramic doesn't include Piranha Plant either (at least, not as far as I can tell), so we probably will need to wait until launch before we find out. Besides, there's four unaccounted-for DLC characters, so we probably don't need to worry too much about that. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 09:14, November 2, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry if I sound petty/annoying/bureaucratic here, but I've noticed that you typically use edit summaries to discuss the article topic or just make a related comment, some very recent examples of which are this and this. That's a rather inappropriate use of edit summaries, and makes it unnecessary hard to tell what you actually did in your edit. I know we have all been doing this collectively at least once and most of us don't bother leaving edit summaries at all, but I'd say it's better to post discussion like that in a blog or external forum. --CortexCPU242 (talk) 14:53, November 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I wouldn't say it's hard to tell what I did in the edit. It's as simple as clicking on diff in Recent Changes and looking it over. More important for major edits than typo corrections, and only an issue if a lot of content is being removed or added to a page. I don't see the need to summarize every single edit, that's very tedious. Admittedly I do get excited in some of my summaries, but the examples you referenced represent only a small fraction of my edits. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 19:34, November 14, 2018 (UTC)
39 minutes? Edit
When you made that edit for Metroid Prime 4, you said in the edit summary "39 minutes, people!". Can you tell me what you're referring to? I hadn't gotten any news about any upcoming announcements, so I have no way of knowing what that was referring to. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 00:55, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
- I'll see what I can do, but I'll need a link in the meantime. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 01:11, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay. I'm not too fond of livestreams, but hey, if I can sit through DOAXVV's livestream during the DOAFest, I think I can sit through this one long enough to see if they cover Metroid Prime 4 in at least the pre-show. I've currently got my computer on mute, however, due to an unrelated translating project regarding Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation episodes. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 01:16, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
- EDIT: Unfortunately, the thing spooled around the 2 and a half minute mark, so I can't continue at all. Looks like we'll have to wait until the livestream can be watched on our own terms. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 02:01, December 7, 2018 (UTC)
Reverse Corruption Glitch (Update)Edit
Thank you for your assistance!
I am still looking into any details I may have missed. I will have the pictures published as soon as I extract them.
(Update) I have currently found a (temporary?) solution to this minor setback. If the pictures require Higher Quality, feel free to replace. Once again, Thank you for your asistance! DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 19:02, May 6, 2019 (UTC)
2 More Questions... Edit
Sorry but I have a few more questions in need of answering...
- Does anyone from Nintendo/Retro Studios actually view, read or monitor this website?
- Is the "Admiral Dane D*** word" allowed to be typed? (answering this question is entirely optional)
- The answers are probably and yes. I'm known to use some language of that color from time to time myself (but not against users). RoyboyX(complaints/records) 23:20, May 11, 2019 (UTC)
Questions in need of Answering...Edit
Perhaps you can help me with a couple of questions...
- Who is the current top Administrator monitoring Wikitroid the most? (ignore this question if the second one is answered)
- What exactly are the specific rules for the Wikitroid Blog Posts? I couldn't find them after searching for a while...
- Wikitroid's de facto leader is FastLizard4, although he's quite busy, but somewhat responsive on Discord. I say de facto because as a wiki, everyone is supposed to have equal say in matters, but generally he's represented the site. As for blogs, as long as they aren't inflammatory or attacking people then it should be fine. We don't have a blog policy because we don't really use them. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 21:38, April 30, 2019 (UTC)
New question...there is enemy vulnerability data??? Where!!! (this data could truly be useful...) Also, should enemy vulnerability data be a page? Only heard of this on one page in particular. Signed, Your Friendly Ally: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 22:01, August 17, 2019 (UTC)
Questioning/Answering before editing... Edit
I am currently editing my profile page. The gallery allows me to change the color of both the text and box ring.
- Oh that's nothing compared to the Curating content RfC. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 22:30, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
- As long as you say who it's from, you're not passing it off as your own. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 21:44, October 14, 2019 (UTC)
Need Advice Please... Edit
I am going to take a lot of heat for not including him, but I need to be sure on his status. And since you are both my friend and a Metroid: Other M expert, I can only trust you with this response...
- A veteran of war? Of course. Even soldiers who've been court-martialed, like Bowe Bergdahl, are veterans. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 20:25, May 28, 2019 (UTC)
Curating Comment: A possible solution Edit
Let us try this instead: LINK
- Make it a page 2 if you will of the RfC, it doesn't belong in the article namespace. The problem here is the fact that Madax and I can't agree on keeping some of the pages he thinks are problematic. There are a lot of factors which I can summarize for you if you'd like (seriously, the RfC is the definition of wall of text). RoyboyX(complaints/records) 20:21, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
(EDIT) Okay, I believe Phazon Combo and Coin Chest. They felt short, but I believe I should mention this before posting. Do not wish to make it a big scene (again...?). Signed, Your Friend: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 21:51, August 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Phazon Combo can maybe become a section on the Phazon Beam page. Coin chest, I disagree. That should stay and be expanded. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 22:02, August 17, 2019 (UTC)
(update) Thank you for the insight and motivation! Didn't expect to find this much [research] info! Wonder what else there is to discover, hmmm... Signed by: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 22:00, August 24, 2019 (UTC)
Hmm...read more RFC today. Taking Metroid 2 into account, thought most rooms were just one big room. Can't find the right words to say at the moment. Had it but lost it. Sorry. Thoughts by: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 21:45, September 1, 2019 (UTC)
- Generally Metroid rooms are understood as being separated by doors. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 21:49, September 1, 2019 (UTC)
Prime Trilogy is easy to understand! Older titles are a different field. Metroid 2: Return of Samus just uses transitions likely due to Game Boy Hardware. Continuing: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 22:09, September 1, 2019 (UTC)
- Rooms in Prime have names. Rooms in the 2D Metroids don't always have names. I and Peabody made pages for some of the rooms in Other M and Metroid II/Samus Returns. We didn't plan to write pages for all of them, but Madax doesn't like using "descriptive" names (i.e. "long hall") from Prima guides. He wants only the really notable ones to have pages (think rooms where boss fights or story events happen), and the rest of them (the short corridors with a few enemies and nothing else) to go on lists. However, any room can still have a page if it goes over 1 KB of text. You've been quite active on this RfC. Would you like to read over my proposed room policy and Madax's, and tell us what you think? Which one is better? That way we can finally move this forward. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 22:15, September 1, 2019 (UTC)
Okay, reading! But definitely need more time. Plenty of projects being currently worked on. Believe it was the 'Dark MP2 rooms' structure that caught my attention? The RFC feels like a challenging puzzle. "Think Metroid Rubik's Cube!" Signed by: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 22:51, September 1, 2019 (UTC)
Well Roy, thank you for all of your advice about the RFC! The knowledge gained throughout this experience will soon be needed (on another Planet). Your Friend: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 21:39, September 29, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for being inactive for a while. Been busy with a handful of other people. Will get back to Wikitroid once my objectives have been completed, but feel free to leave a message if anything important occurrs. Good luck with your talks with Madax the Shadow. Your Friend, DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 00:35, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you. I'll be sure to keep you up to date. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 00:42, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for not responding in a while. Been busy helping others not only on Earth, but another Planet as well. (After all, They don't call us the Galactic Federation for nothing!) Signed: Your Buddy in space, DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 21:28, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
- What was inaccurate? No, it won't go on your "permanent record". We all make mistakes. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 21:43, September 16, 2019 (UTC)
In Sky Temple Keys, typed in Agon Key's appearance listed as after Stealing Planetary Energy. The actual facts prove this was no where near even neccessary (the Power Bomb Guardian's/Stolen Power Bomb item must be obtained first). Should have known better than to trust old research data! Going to be reviewing facts first then double checking and/or confirming all details before final confirmation from now on. Sorry, and thank you. Signed by your Friend: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 22:24, September 16, 2019 (UTC)
TwitchCon 2019 Edit
TwitchCon is going on in the San Diego Convention Center this weekend. Was wondering if any news has surfaced concerning Metroid Prime 4? Signed: DarkraiShadowXZ (talk) 21:22, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
On ZS mechanics Edit
Hey there its Metroid103. Do you know whats been decided on the zero suit mechanics page? I know you helped out with it so I figured you might know whether its going to be merged with Sammy's main zero page or not? I still plan on continuing research and what not - I'm starting to strongly suspect that the Blue part in her fusion suit is actually the zero suit merged with the rest after reading some translated Fusion concept art. Anyhow , just stopped by to ask about that because its been a while since anyone has said anything on the matter. Thanks! --Metroid103 (talk) 16:50, September 30, 2019 (UTC)
- No decision has been reached. I don't know that it can be expanded to a sufficient level, therefore it might be merged. I would object more strongly to merging the Power Suit and Fusion Suit Mechanics pages with their respective suits. The "Zero Suit is Fusion Suit" theory you have sounds very speculative, especially since the Zero Suit didn't exist when Fusion was released. RoyboyX(complaints/records) 22:58, September 30, 2019 (UTC)
Ok. Not that that's a big deal-it would double the entire Zero Suit article easy and its proving hard to bring more credible info than it already has to make it longer. And that's why I've been researching so much and on the Fusion suit being the Zero Suit before it was in the series I find to be a bit incredible to be believe-that's why I haven't done anything with it yet. All I have is that the concept stats that the fusion suit actually has three see through layers and the fourth is the blue part that they stat is actually just her regular clothing fused with the suit I guess? We actually have the translated version on wikitroid. Here I'm sure you've seen it already- but it did make me pause for thought about the fact that the designers are basically saying that the blue parts of the Fusion Suit is really just her regular clothing. --Metroid103 (talk) 23:59, September 30, 2019 (UTC)