The Vault Attack Portal is a room in the Ing Hive. Despite being separated from the Judgment Drop only by a wall, it features no doors to enter it and is only entered via either of two Dark Portals in the Vault. Crossing the large chasm requires use of the Grapple Beam to swing across the Grapple Points.
- Dark War Wasps (spawning from 4 War Wasp Hives)
- "Morphology: Dark War Wasp
Darkling-possessed aerial hunter.
Sturdy insect gains strength from Ing possession. It retains the ability to fire blasts of energy."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- Portal generator
- "System analysis complete. Console used to energize and open a portal to Aether, currently online. Portal generation system initiated."
- Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
- The portal field can be energized with light energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Aether."
- Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
- Walk into the portal to initiate return transit to Aether."
A glitch can be performed here using the Grapple Beam. The first Light Portal must be activated, and Samus must latch onto a Grapple Point, and before leaving the ground, step back through the portal. When she emerges, she will be holding her arm up as if she were grappling onto something even though she wasn't. This glitch persists if Samus goes through portals more times, but using the Grapple Beam again will fix it.
- The Vault Attack Portal is one of four rooms in Echoes that does not have a single door or an elevator (it can only be explored using a portal) used to access it, the others being the Ing Windchamber, Hive Summit and Hive Portal Chamber.
- The Vault Attack Portal appears to be shifted slightly eastward compared to its light world equivalent. This does not noticeably affect gameplay, but is unusual among Dark Aether rooms as they usually mirror their light equivalents correctly, with the exception of the upside-down Sky Temple. The fact that both the Vault and Vault Attack Portal consist of perpetually floating platforms may have contributed to this change between dimensions.