Administrators, or sysops, are editors who have access to technical features that help with maintenance. Those include protecting and deleting pages, blocking other editors, and undoing these actions as well.
What can administrators do?
The wiki software has a few important features that are restricted to only administrators and bureaucrats.
- Edit protected pages.
- Protect and unprotect pages.
- Delete pages, including images, and their history.
- View and restore deleted pages, including images, and their history.
- Block and unblock users, IP address, and IP ranges.
- Revert pages quickly via the rollback method.
- Change the text and style of the interface by editing the pages in the MediaWiki namespace.
- Can view Special:Unwatchedpages to see pages which may be more vulnerable to vandalism.
Types of identified users, listed here in roughly ascending order of power, include:
- IP addresses — Visitors who haven't logged in or are unregistered.
- Registered/Logged-in users — Users who have registered an account. Registered users can upload files and move pages, as well as edit some protected pages.
- Administrators (sysops) — See the above section.
- Bureaucrats — Bureaucrats (also known as B'crats) can turn other users into sysops or bureaucrats. Bureaucrats are created by other bureaucrats on projects where these exist. Sysoppings are recorded in Special:Log/rights.
- Staff — Employees of Wikia Inc. They can change any user's access level and grant bot status. They can be found at Special:Listusers/staff.
Becoming an administrator
If you have been editing this wiki for some time and have gained the trust of the community here, you may nominate yourself or someone else for adminship here. Other users can comment on whether or not they approve your request.
These administrators have recently edited Wikitroid, making them active.
- FastLizard4 (Bureaucrat, Sysop)
- MarioGalaxy2433g5 (Bureaucrat, Sysop)
- Richard1990 (Bureaucrat, Sysop)
These admins have not edited Wikitroid for long periods of time, making them inactive.