This room is composed of connected corridors lined with containment units, many of which hold a Phazon Metroid. Locking mechanisms are in place and prevent access to certain areas of the room. These mechanisms require the Seeker Missile to unlock. The room contains multiple narrow tunnels accessible only by small objects. A separate corridor leads to the Energy Cell providing most of the pod's power. Samus has to remove it to get the Seeker Missile, but doing so turns off the lights and removes the shielding of the containment units, unleashing the Phazon Metroids. Unsettling music begins playing once Samus leaves the Seeker Missile chamber, and continues to play in the Xenoresearch Labs for the duration of the game.
- Energy Cell ID: GC-9713N-5
- At the end of the series of corridors.
- Seeker Missile
- In a containment unit next to the Energy Cell.
- Locking mechanism
- "Locking mechanisms activated. A simultaneous blast to all targets is required to disengage locks"
- Containment unit
- "Containment unit online. The pod's power source is keeping the unit's energy barrier active."
- Containment unit (offline)
- "Containment unit offline. Energy barrier is not longer active. Glass vulnerable to weapon fire."
- Talloric Alloy
- "Panel integrity at critical. Talloric alloy has weakened. Concussive blast may damage it."
- "Panel is secured in place. It could probably be ripped off if pulled with enough force."