- The species's name was misspelled as "Vlla" in the initial release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. This was corrected when the game was re-released in Metroid Prime Trilogy.
- The species's name could be a reference to the Martian character Ylla in Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles.
- Furthermore, the name is a visual anagram of "Ilya", the forename of Ilya Nazarov, one of the artists who worked on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Corruption. Like the Ylla, Ilya's name was misspelt with a "v" in the initial release of Corruption.
- Alternatively, it could refer to Ylla, the pseudonym of Camilla Koffler, a famous Hungarian animal photographer.
- Ylla may also come from the Albanian word "yll", meaning "star".
- Like the N'kren, the Ylla have yet to be seen in the Metroid series.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ^ Metroid Prime 2: Echoes; Origins: It is told that the Luminoth were not born of Aether, but of the stars. In the early days, we roamed the greatness of the void, bathing in the glorious light of a thousand stars. We met a vast number of enlightened minds... the N'kren, the Ylla, and the Chozo among them. Each of them, we found, had claimed a homeworld and formed a deep bond with it. In time, we decided to do the same.
- ^ a b Metroid Prime 3: Corruption; Age of Science: The ships of Bryyo sped to the stars, in all directions, bearing the banner of peace. Soon we found stellar brethren in the Chozo, the Luminoth, and the Ylla. Starborne knowledge came to Bryyo, and we gladly sent our wisdom to our new friends in return. The hearts of Bryyo were filled with pride, and they honored the Lords of Science for all the wonders they provided. As the time of New Bryyo came to be, the old ways faded. The cries of joy from those who honored Science covered the angry shouts of those who mourned the old ways, the Primal Traditions.
|Sentient Species in the Metroid series|
|Human | Space Pirate | Craftsmen | Kriken | Luminoth|
|Reptilicus | Diamont | Elysian | Ing | ancient Bion race|
|Alimbic | Chozo | N'kren | Phrygisian | Enoema | Vhozon | Ylla | machine race |
"Elfin" | "Simian" | "Ceratopsid" | "Space Dragon"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.